Woke up this morning and mixed a fresh batch of collodion for shooting some plates. I had just enough dyethel ether left to mix 600 ml. Once I got it all mixed, I added about 50 ml of my old collodion to the mix, capped it off and put it in my chemical cooler to age for a week. I am hoping that time and weather allows for me to do some test shots next week end!
In the mean time, I have some work to do my newest camera. 10″ x 12″ Vageeswari field camera (Vag for short). This camera was built specifically for plate photography. While it is, generally, in good shape; I have to replace a couple missing screws and make some plate inserts so that I can shoot in different sizes other than 10′ x 12′. I am really excited and can not wait to shoot some plates with this camera. As a side note, I named the camera Celeste (After a Project Pitchfork song).