Good help is hard to find. I am sure you have heard that adage before. Strangely, it applies to modeling and photography as it does any thing else. Below is a short list of tips this will help both you and the photographer. Bare in mind that this is, by no means, a complete list but some suggestions for a good shoot and continued work. I hope that you find this short list of tips for models helpful.
- Be Punctual – Always be on time. I know there are instances where it is difficult to do, but by all means do your best to be on time. It is likely that a photographer has his entire day booked and one late model can throw the day off.
- No Call, No Show – Paid or TFP, do not leave a photographer waiting. If you do this, it is highly likely that you will not be called back for a shoot. Photographers do talk to each other and word will spread.
- Beauty Sleep – Make sure you get a good nights sleep prior to a shoot. If you are tired, it will show in the resulting photos.
- Drink Water – Drinking water will help your complexion and general health of your skin.
- Diet – No, I do not mean loose weight… this is more a reference to being conscious of the foods you eat and making sure that you are eating healthy.
- Communication – Talk to the photographer prior to the shoot and double check to see if there is anything you need to bring with you. This might include wardrobe or a small make-up kit. This is also a good opportunity to make sure you know how to get to the location or studio.
- Comfort – If you are uncomfortable with the direction a photo shoot is going, or if a photographer surprises you with something that you are not comfortable with. Let him/her know. If it persists, politely end the shoot.
- Wear Loose Fitting Clothes – When going to the shoot, be sure to wear loose fitting clothes. Certain tight and constrictive clothes will leave impressions in the skin that will cost time in waiting for them to disappear if that area of your body is going to be bare in the photograph.
- Escorts – Any photographer whom is well intentioned will allow escorts into the studio. When choosing someone to escort you, be sure to bring someone whom is not going to be disruptive to the shoot. It is one thing bring up concerns, it is another to badger the photographers or those in his employ.